The Charity Cottage is looking for volunteers!
We have created committees for passionate people from our community to join based on their interests. Take a peek at the committees below and see which fits your personality!
Inventory & Pricing:
- Sorting through many different kinds of items and placing them into categories we have defined
- Putting items into the inventory database
- Updating social media systems already in place (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc)
- Adding new products to online stores (eBay, charity cottage website, etsy)
- Designing new advertising, working with and highlighting special deals if available
- Creating bulletins, pamphlets, and flyers
- Organizing flyering and deciding where to best place bulletins (churches, libraries, etc)
Repair & Restoration:
- Cleaning and polishing
- Light repairs
- Restoration of items including furniture
Display & Design:
- Work with our design specialist (an interior designer) to understand what items go where
- Put out inventoried items on our shelves!
- Decorate for special events and holidays
- Rearrange displays every so often to keep them fresh
Please see www.volunteermatch.org for more in-depth descriptions of our volunteer positions.
Call (540)206-3385 to get involved, meet new friends, have fun, and make a difference!